In this article:
- Why use stainless steel benchtops in your home bar?
- 10 beautiful home bar designs using stainless steel benchtops
- Stainless steel benchtops to suit every home bar design
There’s nothing like relaxing with family and friends with a refreshing drink in hand after a long, hard week. It’s even better if you don’t have to leave home for it.
A home bar is a little luxury that’s sure to get plenty of use, whether you’re entertaining dinner guests, throwing a party or getting comfortable on a Friday afternoon.
So, pull up some stools and top up your glasses; it’s time to design a home bar. From where to store your liquor to why stainless steel is the best material to use, here are some key interior design tips for setting up a fun space to enjoy a tipple.
Why use stainless steel benchtops in your home bar?
From ease of cleaning to functionality, here are just a few reasons why stainless steel is a great choice of material for home bars.
- It is easy to clean up spills. Stainless steel is corrosion-resistant and stain-resistant, making it an ideal choice for a home bar where liquids might be spilled.
- Stainless steel is durable and won’t scratch or dent easily, so you don’t have to worry if the party starts to get a bit rowdy.
- It is hygienic. Because it’s non-porous and bacteria-resistant, stainless steel is ideal in food and drink preparation areas, such as a home bar.
- Stainless steel benchtops look great. A stainless steel benchtop gives a sleek look to a home and helps bounce light around the room in areas that might not receive much natural illumination.
- They withstand temperature fluctuations. As well as coping with very high temperatures, stainless steel can also handle cold items, such as ice, without warping. So, you can rest easy knowing that it’s safe for cold bottles and drinks but also hot hors d’oeuvres.
- Stainless steel is versatile and compatible with appliances. Because stainless steel is easily moulded, it can be used in all aspects of your home bar, from the countertop to the splashback and from the sink to the cabinetry. You will also have a cohesive look if you’re using a stainless steel fridge or wine cooler in your home bar area.
- It lasts a lifetime and will boost your home’s value. Stainless steel appeals to many buyers as it is easy to maintain and won’t lose its good looks as it ages. Also, who doesn’t love the idea of a good home bar?
Ten beautiful home bar designs using stainless steel benchtops
Image Credit: Colourful yet sophisticated, this home bar uses stainless steel benchtops that tie in perfectly with a stainless steel fridge and wine cooler and stainless-look ornaments on the countertops.
Image Credit: Who would have thought that stainless steel benchtops could work so well in a home bar built into a sitting area? Warm and inviting, the single-wall cabinetry features plenty of hidden storage in cabinets.
Image Credit: This mid-sized bar is hidden just off the kitchen in an area with little natural light. Stainless steel benchtops have been used to great effect to reflect under-cabinet lights and brighten up the space.
Image Credit: A built-in bar featuring an under-mount sink and glass shelving proves that your home bar doesn’t need much room to be functional. One of this size could fit nicely in the corner of a dining room and be closed off when not in use.
Image Credit: The unique bar stools placed around this contemporary, u-shaped designer bar are a great example of how to mix stainless steel with other metals, such as copper, without it feeling mismatched.
Image Credit: A minimalistic mid-century style bar tucked away in a cupboard makes the living room the perfect place for relaxation and socialising while enjoying a beverage. Its stainless steel benchtop means it’s easy to wipe over and close the doors once you’ve finished entertaining your guests.
Image Credit: Here’s another mid-century masterpiece that pairs stainless steel benchtops with a mirrored splashback for a fun yet functional space while also featuring an integrated sink, wine cooler and fridge.
Image Credit: While this beauty is in New York, it could easily look as great in a home anywhere in Australia. The only decoration required in this sleek, contemporary home bar is a bowl of lemons.
Image Credit: One of the best things about stainless steel is how easy it is to customise. Take inspiration from this industrial-style bar and use curves to soften the look of a stainless steel benchtop.
Image Credit: A mix of materials — stainless steel, brick, timber and dark cabinets — make for a warm welcome in this take on a modern rustic-style home bar.
Stainless steel benchtops to suit every home bar design
Whether you prefer cocktail shakers or keg taps on show, a home bar can be as unique as you like. However, no matter your style, stainless steel benchtops are both a beautiful and functional aspect of a home bar.
Martin Stainless fabricates custom stainless steel benchtops to suit any size, shape or need. If you’re a commercial kitchen operator or a home bar enthusiast, give us a call on (02) 9621 7740 for a free quote today. We deliver Australia-wide and pride ourselves on our fast turn-around times for all your stainless steel needs.