In this article:
- Why choose stainless steel for your outdoor kitchen?
- Design tips for customising your outdoor kitchen
- Outdoor Stainless Steel Kitchen Trends: 5 Beautiful Outdoor Kitchen Designs
- Outdoor stainless steel kitchens made just for you
With one of the most envied climates in the world, the Australian lifestyle is perfectly suited to outdoor living.
This has led to more Aussies replacing their humble BBQs with more permanent cooking solutions in the form of outdoor kitchens. However, not all materials can withstand our harsh summer sun and chilly winters. Stainless steel is the ultimate option for an outdoor kitchen that can withstand both the weather and corrosion and meet the needs of families and entertainers alike.
Here’s why stainless steel is the best material for a custom outdoor kitchen and how Australians are using it to create entertaining areas that add value to their homes.
Why choose stainless steel for your outdoor kitchen?
- It is durable and hard-wearing. Stainless steel does not change over time as it’s resistant to corrosion and extremely high temperatures. Because it’s weather-resistant and can withstand UV rays, it’s an ideal choice for an outdoor kitchen. It is designed for intensive use, so it’s the number one choice in commercial kitchens. It is also considered impact-resistant because it doesn’t scratch or dent easily.
- Stainless steel is hygienic. There’s a reason stainless steel is used throughout the kitchen, especially in cutlery and food containers. That is because it’s antibacterial and doesn’t impart fragrance or flavour to the food, nor does it release toxic substances like other metals can.
- It is easy to clean. Because it’s a smooth surface that is immune to bacteria, stainless steel is very easy to clean. This is why it’s frequently used in commercial kitchens and favoured by professional chefs.
- Stainless steel kitchens look great. Not only are stainless steel kitchens practical and functional, but they also look great and can bring an industrial touch to a contemporary home.
- They are versatile. Stainless steel kitchens can be polished to give a matt finish that will reduce the visibility of fingerprints or polished for a brighter, sleeker look. You can even opt for a mirror finish for the ultimate shine. Martin Stainless will seal your kitchen to guarantee it stays easy to clean for many years.
- The materials are eco-friendly. Stainless steel is a sustainable material because it’s 100% recyclable. You’ll not need to worry about that because stainless steel lasts a lifetime.
- Installation is a breeze. From design to completion, Martin Stainless will work with you to help you achieve your dream custom outdoor kitchen.
Design tips for customising your outdoor kitchen
- From pizza ovens to charcoal cookers, smokers and barbecues with multiple burners — your custom stainless steel kitchen can be built to your specifications. So, why not order a solution that accommodates cooking methods that will take your kitchen to the next level?
- When it comes to cleaning, nothing is more hygienic than an integrated stainless steel sink or two. You can even seamlessly run stainless steel from your counter through to a backsplash to replace tiles and grout that can easily break, stain and harbour germs. Or, why not add to the usefulness of your sink by adding a garbage disposal unit?
- If you have an alfresco area, make your outdoor kitchen more than just a BBQ kitchen by including appliances such as a cooktop and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher, so you never have to go inside to prep a meal again.
- We recommend using stainless steel on an outdoor rangehood to keep BBQ smells from entering your home. The rangehood can be designed specifically to suit your layout and with a look to complement the rest of your outdoor kitchen perfectly.
- Even if you decide to install a BBQ kitchen and not a whole kitchen, don’t forget to include plenty of storage in your design to store serving utensils, plates, glasses and BBQ accessories.
- When it comes time to consider the layout, design your outdoor kitchen with practicality in mind, just as you would for an indoor kitchen. Think about where you’ll hide the plumbing and gas or electric lines, use the triangle principle to set out your workspaces and think about how the area flows. For example, can you easily open doors and drawers? Is your sink close enough to your cooking area? Do you have enough counter space to prep a meal?
- It’s down to the finishing touches, such as your hardware and the type of appliances you’ll choose. Glass-fronted fridges are an entertainer’s delight, but a combination fridge/freezer would be a more practical choice as you’ll need somewhere to store ice.
Outdoor Stainless Steel Kitchen Trends: 5 Beautiful Outdoor Kitchen Designs
Image Credit: A beautiful BBQ cabinet brings a practical element to a rustic outdoor setting that will see year-round use.
Image Credit: Stainless steel cabinets, used in a more traditional kitchen layout, beautifully complement natural stone pavers in this alfresco area, complete with a BBQ.
Image Credit: This galley-style kitchen flows to an outdoor entertaining area, with a stainless steel counter that connects the two spaces and makes them seem like one.
Image Credit: The beauty of stainless steel is on full display in the outdoor entertaining area of this modern beachside home.
Image Credit: Looking more like a bar than a home outdoor kitchen, the homeowners here have even extended the use of stainless steel to a bar trolley for extra functionality in their entertaining space.
Outdoor stainless steel kitchens made just for you
Whether it’s for your home or your business, the expert team at Martin Stainless can custom-create an outdoor kitchen to your exact specifications. Using high-quality steel and with more than 20 years of expertise, we will deliver a kitchen you’ll love forever, on time, every time. Call us on (02) 9191 8761 to see how we can help you.